Monday, November 16, 2009

CLAHS Insights: Justin's Story

By Justin, a sophomore in the College of Liberal Arts & Human Sciences

Major: Sociology

Public Editor, Collegiate Times

Classroom Aide Public Leader, YMCA at Virginia Tech


When I came to Virginia Tech in the fall of 2008, I declared myself a Public and Urban Affairs major within the College of Architecture. Although it took me two semesters, I soon realized that a major in the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences was more suitable for my personality, as a people person, and one that loves interacting with others.


With a Sociology major and a concentration in social inequality, I feel as if I have found the major that I was virtually meant for, and one that I will be able to excel in as I progress toward graduation in the spring of 2012.


I chose this major and concentration due to my personal experiences. As a disabled person, as well as a person who is often in the minority, social inequality has always been of interest to me. Furthermore, the interactions between myself, others, and groups of other people has always intrigued me. I like studying things such as minority relations, group relations, and other social tendencies, and this is what I've been provided with since switching into CLAHS. I truly believe that my resulting degree will be extremely rewarding, and that is simply all that I have searched for in my college education.


More info:

College of Liberal Arts & Human Sciences

Invent Your Future

This Is The Future

Become a fan! www.facebook.com/vtadmissions

No comments:

Post a Comment